Join us to create the best in class SaaS products that will conquer the world! You’ll be responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining our cloud and DevOps architecture led by the technology roadmap. You’ll have high influence to contribute to the content of the roadmap. Your work ensures that cross-functional business-critical requirements are met: e.g., security, performance, productivity, cost-efficiency, scalability and availability.
This is a key role focusing on technological issues with the highest leverage to the company’s business. You’ll work as a free agent within our R&D department wherever you are needed the most. Your work is independent and detached from the regular sprint cycle used by our development teams. You report directly to the VP Engineering. The R&D department includes six Development teams plus one IT/Support team.
Presently, your work will be focused on our new A² Trade Promotion product line, which is at an early pilot stage and targeted for the international market. Your goal is to help our teams to make the right technological choices that give our solutions a competitive advantage.
Some projects you run on your own and others together with a cross-functional team called Cloud Guild. The Cloud Guild has members from all of our R&D teams who help you implement the most challenging projects where more development power is needed. This is a hands-on role where you will be writing code by yourself as well.
Most importantly you have senior level expertise in cloud and DevOps technologies plus a high motivation to learn more. Tackling the entire list below is not essential for applying this role.
- Cloud knowledge in practice: AWS, EC2, VPC, S3, Lambda, IAM, etc.
- Container technologies and orchestrators: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS.
- AWS cost optimization skills: savings plans, reservations, data storage lifecycles, etc.
- Hands-on skills in popular DevOps/IaC tools like GitLab CI/CD, Cloudformation, Terraform, AWS CDK, etc.
- Experience in observability technologies and services: Grafana, Datadog, etc.
- Ability to work and solve complex problems independently.
- Motivation to dive deep to understand of our entire product portfolio and architecture from the small details to the entire landscape.
- Experience in database technologies, database optimization, and data intensive applications is a plus: SQL, RDBMSs (SQL Server, PostgreSQL), Snowflake, Redshift, etc.
- People skills and excellent communication skills in English (Finnish is a plus).
We offer you:
- A key position in a growth company at the forefront of modern retail – an excellent chance to learn and grow professionally even for senior talent
- Enthusiastic and innovative R&D department
- Lots of data and data driven tech challenges
- Competitive compensation with extensive health care
- An environment with teams that consider the people & spirit to be our best asset
- Modern premises at Leppävaara with great traffic connections and services
If you got excited about this role and believe that you are the right person, please send us your application and CV in English or Finnish with your salary request on our website 11th June 2021 at the latest. For more information please contact Antti Halko, VP Engineering, mobile 0400 707276.